Picture from Google - edited by myself
Hair removal has to be one of the least enjoyable beauty regimes there is, the silky smooth after effect is worth it but finding the right process for you can be tough. My first experience with hair removal was the trusty razor, I remember feeling excited by being 'grown up' the first time I used one. Looking back I have no idea why! Shaving was fine for a while, mainly through my teenage years but as I got older my skin started to become more sensitive. If I use a razor more than once a week now my legs become a very attractive shade of red and are blotchy. I also suffer with ingrown hairs/razor burn which is annoying, uncomfortable and generally really unattractive! Ingrown hair is one of my pet hates so I try to use other hair removal methods 99% of the time. The other 1% is obviously when I'm being lazy ha ha ha.
Hair Removal Cream was my next big phase, I loved how easy it was but not so much the mess. Hair Removal Cream is great when you want legs like the ladies on the Venus adverts but the smell is disgusting! As this is a pain free method, I put up with the vile smell for a while and carried on using it. My legs were always left silky smooth but within a day, like shaving, the stubble would decided to rear it's ugly head. I eventually decided this was more hassle than shaving and the time the hair took to grow back was the same so decided to try something else. Don't forget, if you do use Hair Removal Cream, always read the label, a red patchy upper lip removes the subtlety of removing your mustache ha ha.
Waxing, although painful, is one of my favourite hair removal methods. Even though it can sometimes be messy, sticky and somewhat embarrassing when you have a sneaky strip attached to you it's very effective. I never really wax my legs but I do often wax more sensitive places like my upper lip. Even though it stings, it's a lot quicker than plucking and removes the hair in seconds. The results of waxing last so much longer than shaving or Hair Removal Cream so for me, a bit of pain is worth it instead of re doing the same job every 2 days.
My main method of hair removal is using an Epilator (I actually use the one in the picture). Epilators remove hair from the root, like waxing but are less messy and rechargeable. Like waxing, they can be a bit painful but investing in a quality epilator can save a lot of money in the long run. As well as saving money, they also irritate the skin less, you don't have to worry about ripping a layer of skin off and if you exfoliate before can remove all hair in one use. I'd be lost without my Epilator now but I'd never advise to use them on sensitive areas unless watering eyes are your thing haha.
Lastly is something I've wanted to try for a while. LittleKiva mentioned she had laser hair removal in one of her YouTube videos and have been keen to try it ever since. It works by focusing a laser beam at the base of the hair follicle, halting hair growth. Laser Hair Removal is available at sk:n and isn't as expensive as I thought it would be. It can be used on any part of the body and is said to be virtually painless and only needs to be repeated every 4-6 weeks for around 8 months. Imagine how much time we would save, ladies!
What is your favourite method? Do you stick to one or do you use different types for different areas?